DAB+ Workshop in association with National Media and Infocommunications Authority, Budapest, Hungary
Date: 28th January 2014
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Registration is now open for a one-day seminar to provide an overview of DAB/DAB+ to the Hungarian radio industry. Neighbouring countries are invited also to attend this event.
Topics included include:
- An up-to-date overview of DAB/DAB+ services in Europe
- Regulatory frameworks and plans for FM switchover
- The DAB+ business case for broadcasters, including benefits for listeners and opportunities for advertisers
- DAB+ digital radio receivers: table top, car, handheld, phone, traffic and travel
- Technical considerations for DAB+ network and coverage planning
- DAB+ practical considerations: why DAB+ is more green and cost effective than analogue; multiplex network design; technical solutions for increased cost effectiveness
- DAB+ content generation
- DAB+ implenmentation - key factors to ensure success
Registration is free. Delegates from neighbouring countries are invited also to attend this event.
The event will be held at:
Hotel Mercure Budapest Buda
1013 Budapest, Krisztina krt. 41-43
Hotel Mercure Budapest Buda is located in the heart of Budapest, in the neighbourhood of the historical Castle District, in a very pleasant surrounding next to a beautiful park. The downtown of the city can be reached within a few minutes by 4 underground stops. Line 2 (red line) Underground station ”Déli Pályaudvar” (South Railway station) is located within two minutes walk from Hotel Mercure Budapest Buda
For directions click here.
A block booking with special room rates has been made at the meeting venue Hotel Mercure Budapest Buda. Participants are kindly asked to send their registration form not later than 10 January 2014, after this date we cannot guarantee accommodation at this hotel.
Click here for the hotel booking form for Hotel Mercure Budapest Buda and information on the special room rates.
Room reservation phone: 00-36-1-4888177
Room reservation fax: 00-36-1-4888178
Other recommended hotels close to the venue of the meeting
Danubius Hotel Gellért
H-1111 Budapest, Szent Gellért tér 1
Telephone: +36-1-889-5501, Fax: +36-1-889-5505
Click here for the hotel booking form for Danubius Hotel Gellért and information on the room rates.
1118, Budapest, Budaörsi út 20/a
Telephone: +36 1 372-7020, Fax: +36-1-372-7021
Click here for the hotel booking form for Hotel Mediterran and information on the room rates.
Detailed information concerning visa requirements to enter Hungary can be found at the following web site:
If you need a personal invitation letter to obtain visa for Hungary please contact: Krisztina Szerémi (e-mail: email@example.com) sending your personal data necessary for the visa.
Download a draft programme here.
Participants are requested to register for this event no later than 22 January 2014.