Benefits of digital radio in-car
DAB, DAB+ and DMB the digital standards of choice in Europe and much of Asia Pacific was originally designed to work within a mobile environment for example in cars. Automotive grade chips are now available which in-corporate all parts of the DAB family of standards – DAB, DAB+ and DMB audio/video.
Digital radio offers the driver an enhanced radio experience with exciting new features and choices through a:
- Familiar medium which drivers trust for information & entertainment
- Cost efficient delivery channel for information services at no additional cost to the driver
- More channels and content offering a wider variety of radio services
- Easy to tune through search for station names and not frequencies
- More choice of stations
- Clear sound quality and clarity
- Pause and rewind of live radio
- Additional features includes in-car screen graphics and information that can display album cover art, song titles, artists names, news, sports results and much, much more.
Digital radio offers up to date traffic and travel information via TPEG allowing drivers to view fuel prices, gas station locations and traffic flow information.
DAB/DAB+ can also provide drivers with emergency announcements specifically in tunnels and this use is being developed in countries such as Switzerland and Norway.