A large percentage of radio listening remains in-car and the broadcasting industries in Europe and around the world are working hard to include the automotive sector in their plans.
The benefits of DAB/ DAB+ in car:
- The DAB family of standards was originally designed to be a mobile technology making it an ideal carrier of free to air, one to many, entertainment and information
- DAB/DAB+ allows for increased amounts of driver information data into the car including TPEG. TPEG offers drivers real time traffic and travel information which adds value to the driving experience.
- DAB/DAB+ digital radio allows for tunnel re-broadcast systems and emergency announcements to ensure the safety of road users with the benefit of a stable one to many network.
WorldDAB works in close collaboration with the automotive industry providing information on all aspects of DAB+ rollout including:
- country roadmaps
- product specifications by country
- services on-air
- automotive marketing best case scenarios legislation plans for service following chip and OEM supplier lists TPEG plans and information
To find out about the development of DAB/ DAB+ digital radio in different markets around the world visit the Country Information section of the website.
WorldDAB holds Automotive events bringing together broadcasters, manufacturers and the automotive industry from different markets to exchange knowledge and best practice on including digital radio in-car and meeting driver expectations.
WorldDAB also runs in-house workshops, bringing a team of DAB/DAB+ experts to discuss all parts of the digital radio eco-system. This meetings are held to discuss the current and future plans for digital radio worldwide. For more information on these workshops, please contact the Project Office.