Broadcast and Digital Media Convention - East Africa
Date: 16th - 18th May 2023
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
As broadcasters and media practitioners in Ethiopia and across East Africa embrace the digital platform and switch over from analogue to digital, it is important for all stakeholders to fully understand the dynamics of the new digital environment and how it can be used to deliver enhanced value to consumers.
With the theme: “Delivering Quality Media With Digital Broadcasting Services‘, the International Broadcasting And Media Convention – East Africa is a 3-day industry meeting for all TV and radio broadcasters in – as well as other industry stakeholders – in Ethiopia and across East Africa.
It will help various key stakeholders in the broadcasting and media industry in the regions evaluate the multiple roles and responsibilities that will allow them to effectively handle and manage their changing role in society as digitisation becomes a reality across the region.
Featuring local, regional and international participation, the 3-day industry convention is set to showcase global best industry practices, experiences, strategies and plans for stakeholders and professionals from TV, radio, film, music, telecoms, advertising and new media platforms to connect, learn and do business. It will be a key platform for stakeholders to discuss, review and evaluate strategic and operational issues to some of the crucial items facing the industry
Key Themes And Features:
- Understanding the realities of the changing media landscape
- State of digital broadcasting across East Africa – reviewing the state of play
- Evaluating the roles and responsibilities of the different players in the new broadcasting ecosystem
- Innovative radio services in a digital environment – lessons from global experiences!
- Reviewing applications and platforms to extend the reach of radio services
- Effective audience measurement and programme rating solutions for an evolving landscape
- Understanding the future of advertising on television – how is this playing out within the region
- Driving universal access to public broadcasting in Ethiopia and across East Africa
- Implementing A Strong And Vibrant Digital Broadcasting And Media Services For All – Insight And Perspectives
- Development of local content, channels and programmes in the digital ecosystem
To find out more about the event visit the Broadcast Media website.