Registration open for the DAB+ Hungary Workshop, 28 January
A one day workshop on DAB+ digital radio, co-organised by the National Media and Infocommunications Authority Hungary and WorldDMB will provide a unique opportunity to hear about the latest developments in Europe and World-wide on the growth of the DAB+ digital radio standard. Leading radio industry experts will present practical experience and case studies on the rollout of digital radio from their own countries. These are exciting times for digital radio as DAB / DAB+ extends its footprint across Europe and Asia Pacific. The successful launch in Germany has helped encourage developments in several other European markets: The Netherlands had a national launch in September 2013, and Poland launched services in Warsaw and Katowice. There has also been confirmation in France of a launch in Paris, Nice and Marseille and Italy continues to roll-out of transmitters while Sweden is due to decide later this year (2014) on an FM switch off date.There has also been excellent progress in the UK, where 41% of new cars now come with DAB / DAB+ as standard.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
1. An overview of DAB/DAB+ services in Europe
2. Regulatory framework and digital switch over plans – UK case study
3. The business case for DAB+
4. DAB+ receivers
5. Technical considerations for DAB+ network and coverage planning
6. DAB+ practical considerations – why DAB+ is more green a and cost effective than analogue
7. Marketing DAB+ to the listener
8. DAB+ implementation – how to bring it all together
Speakers include: Patrick Hannon, President of WorldDMB; Ian O’Neill, UK Government Department for Culture, Media and Sport; Thomas Wächter, Media Broadcast, Germany; Jens Stockmann, Harris Broadcast; Michael Reichert, ARD Projektburo Digitalradio, Germany.
For more event information and to register click here.